Asus AC1900 RT-AC68U Gigabit router – asus router login
October 12, 2018
Asus has been changing the lives of millions of people by innovating new technologies day by day. Asus has been delivering some of the most technically advanced wireless networking devices like the routers, modems, range repeaters, access point switches etc.
Besides manufacturing the wireless/wired networking devices, Asus also deals in the production of laptop and desktop computers. However, the Asus routers possess an impeccable quality among the routers of other brands. The Asus routers can be configured by accessing through the web domain www.router.asus.com. Just authenticate the home login page of the router setup with a default username and a password.
Connecting the Asus router to the computer device
Asus AC1900 RT–AC68U Gigabit router
In order to use your modem/router efficiently, the user has to configure the router/modem properly and if the configuration has to be proper, the primary connection between the router and the computer device has to be stable and secure.
There are basically three ways of connecting your Asus router to your computer system. These are listed below.
- WPS mode of connection
- Ethernet cable connection
- Wi-Fi connection
Ethernet connection (RJ45)
The Asus router can be connected easily and securely with the computer system through the Ethernet cables provided with it. The Ethernet mode of connection or LAN cable connection is one of the most reliable connection due to the hardware included in it.
Follow our easy and understandable guide about connecting the router and computer through an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the modem to the Internet port of the router through a LAN cable.
- Similarly, connect your computing device to one of the LAN ports of the computer with another Ethernet cable (LAN RJ45).
- Now switch on the router and wait for the lights to get stable on the indicator panel of the router.
- Your router is now connected to your computer system through an Ethernet cable and you are ready to configure your modem/router.
WPS mode of connection
The WPS mode of connection stands for the Wi-Fi protected setup. This WPS mode of connection is quite a convenient way of getting your router connected to your computer system within a second or two. Read the instructions carefully mentioned below.
- Open your router from its factory packaging and assemble all the important components of the router enclosed in it.
- Switch on the router’s power supply and wait for few seconds till it gets completely stable.
- Now, push the WPS button given on the top or front panel of the router and wait for a few seconds again.
- Your router and computer will automatically detect each other’s Wi-Fi availability and get connected to each other within a fraction of second.
- Now, you are ready to configure your router for the internet and other networking related settings.
Connection over the Wi-Fi of the system
The most commonly used method of connecting your router to the computer system is the Wi-Fi connection. Most of the users don’t want to get involved with the wires (Ethernet cables) etc. Therefore, they prefer to opt for the Wi-Fi connection.
- Just connect the power cord of your Asus wireless router login and switch it on.
- Wait for the indicating lights on the front display panel to get solid green or amber.
- Then, open the Wi-Fi section of your PC and you will see the list of available wireless networks.
- Select the wireless network of your router (SSID) and double-click to get your router connected to it.
- After getting your router connected to the computer system, you can connect the modem to the router through wireless or wired method whichever you like.
Asus router login and setup through router.asus.com
The users can further go on with their router’s configuration by accessing the admin setup page of the router through www.router.asus.com. Or they can also access this web page through the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1
Important points to consider
The several connection methods mentioned above in this post are only limited to the connection procedure of the router and the computer.
The users will need to configure their router and modem separately to use the internet service.
The Asus router users can access the admin setup page of the router through the web address router.asus.com or through its default IP.