Asus router login
Asus has been providing the users with some of the best Networking hardware in the world. Their routers are very reliable and user friendly. The Asus routers provide some of the best advanced features that can be found in routers. The user can gain access to the advanced features as well as personalize their network only after logging in to the router. The user can simply login to the router by going to (asus router login) www.router.asus.com or 192.168.1.1 login and entering the default information regarding the router when prompted. The default username and password for most of the Asus routers is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are case sensitive. The advanced features include Guest Network, Parental Controls, AiProtection, the Adaptive QoS bandwidth monitor, the status of the internet and wireless connection, to change the username and password for the network to make it more secure, to update the firmware and much more.
What is (asus router login)www.router.asus.com?
The web domain www.router.asus.com is the web domain name through which the users can login to their router. After entering the domain name, the user will be prompted to enter the default information of the router. After successfully logging in to the router, the user can configure, control, monitor and even repair the network themselves. The router recognizes the web domain and translates it to the default IP address for the router and reroutes the user directly to the login page of the router. The users had to enter the default IP address specific to the router before but it was quite troublesome for the users to remember or find the default IP address of their routers. Asus came up with a solution by providing routers preconfigured to use the web domain name instead of the default IP address of the routers.
One of the most important things to keep in mind is to keep the firmware of the router up to date. All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as the private information of the user, their banking information when they buy something online, their emails and passwords and more. The firmware update makes sure that the security on the router is also up to date and not vulnerable to any potential threats. The firmware update also makes sure that the router stays compatible with the latest media devices that come out almost every other day. This way, the user doesn’t have to go around buying new routers every time they wish to buy a media device. The new firmware also provides bug fixes and resolves any previously faced issue with the router. The firmware update might also bring in some new features for the router and provide overall speed boosts.
Here are the steps of Asus routers login and setup
- Connect the modem to the WAN port of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly.
- Now, connect the computer or laptop to any of the internet ports of the router using another Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are properly made on both ends.
- Turn off all the devices and then turn them all on. Wait for the devices to finish rebooting.
- Open any internet browser on the same computer and type (asus router login)router.asus.com in the address bar. Press enter.
- You will be taken straightaway to the login page for your router. Enter the default information specific to your router when prompted. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are case sensitive. In case the default password doesn’t work, then there is a chance that the user might have changed the password earlier. Try logging in with any previously set passwords. If all else fails, then the router needs to be reset in order to restore the router back to its factory default settings. Then the user can login using the default information of their router.
- After you have successfully logged in, the web based interface will open. Here, the user can configure their network according to their needs.
Now, the user will have logged in successfully. The user can choose to customize their network as they desire from here.
How to Reset the Asus router ?
The router will be needed to reset to restore the router back to its factory default settings. If the user either forgets or loses the password for their router, the router will have to be reset so that the user can login to their router using the default information of their router. Here are the steps to reset the router:
- Locate the Reset button at the back of the router. It might be labeled as Reset or Restore Factory Settings.
- Using a pin or something similar, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- After holding the pin for ten seconds, release the button. The LED lights at the front of the router will start flashing. After the power light becomes stable green, the router will have reset back to its factory default settings. Now, the user can login again to their router using the default information specific to their router.
Warning: It is advised that the reset process isn’t interrupted anyhow as any interruptions during the router reset can corrupt the router and leave it useless