How to change the username and password for your Asus router
June 15, 2018
It is advised that the default username and password is changed when the user first logs in to secure their network. The default information of the router is available on the internet for everybody. So anybody can access the user’s network if the default information hasn’t been changed. Here are the steps to change the username and password for Asus routers:
- Open an internet browser of your choice and type router.asus.com in the address bar. Press enter.
- You will be prompted to enter the default information of the router. The default username and password are “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are both case sensitive.
- After logging in, the web based interface of the router will open.
- You will see the System Status option. By clicking on that, you will see the Network Name (SSID) option. There, you can type in the new username that you wish in the field provided.
- Below that, you will see the Network Key option. There, you can type in the new password for your network as you desire.
- Make sure to save the changes made in the web based interface.
It is advised that the user doesn’t share any personal information in the username of the router as the username is still visible to other devices in the coverage area of the router. The user must create a password that is difficult for other people to guess.