How to hard reset the Asus BRT-AC828 AC2600 Dual-WAN VPN Wi-Fi Router?
August 2, 2019
Performing hard reset of the Asus BRT-AC828 (AC2600) router reset all the personalized settings of the router to factory default value preset on the router prior to installation and setup. Reset helps in case of login issues to the router via router.asus.com, forgetting of the login password to enter the router’s web GUI or any kind of technical or networking issues faced with router’s working.
Before resetting the Asus BRT-AC828 (AC2600) router, it is important to restore the wireless router’s settings that you had made while Asus router configuration after the Asus router setup following Asus router login via router.asus.com.
router.asus.com - To restore and save the Asus BRT-AC828 (AC2600) router settings:
- Log into the Asus BRT-AC828 (AC2600) router through web browser launched on the computer connected to the router using wired connection or wirelessly.
- Type and enter the default login web address router.asus.com or login through default Asus router login IP 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- Enter the Asus router login username ID and password as “admin” to access the Asus BRT-AC828 (AC2600) router’s navigation panel from web GUI.
- Go to Advanced settings and select Administration tab.
- Click on the Restore tab to restore the default factory settings and click OK.
- Click on Save setting tab to save the current system settings and saving the file in folder you want to.
- Note: In case of any issues while restoration of the router’s settings, update the firmware of the Asus BRT-AC828 (AC2600) router to the latest version and avoid restoring the settings.
Asus BRT-AC828 (AC2600) router reset - Hard Factory Reset - router.asus.com
- Turn the Asus BRT-AC828 (AC2600) router off to begin with reset.
- Locate and press the "WPS" button on the Asus BRT-AC828 (AC2600) router and turn the router on.
- On pressing and holding the WPS button, the power LED will light on.
- Release the WPS button on the Asus BRT-AC828 (AC2600) router after the power LED light starts to flash.
- The Power LED light will stop flashing ultimately when the router has reset and the Asus BRT-AC828 (AC2600) router will reboot automatically.
The Asus BRT-AC828 (AC2600) router will be reset to its factory default settings. You will have to login to the router again following the reset through router.asus.com login using the default Asus router login – admin in the username and password field to enter the web Graphical User Interface of the Asus BRT-AC828 (AC2600) router.