Asus Firmware update , Router Reset , Reconfiguration
January 13, 2020
How can I restore the ASUS wireless router to default settings?
- Your first step will be to launch a browser and then type the IP address or http://router.asus.com in order to get on to the configuration page.
- Once done, click on[Administration].
- Click on Restore/save/upload settings Tab >> Click on Restore in (Factory Default)
- Then Click OK
You will find the reset button at the back of your router. Once the device is empowered you need to press the for almost 5 seconds Till the time you see the power light has start flashing, once seen, then release the button.
NOTE: Once the restoration to the default setting is complete to the default settings then you have to reset all your information.
Instructions to Setup a Port Forward on the Asus RT-AC68U Router:
In order to start with the port forwarding you need to check whether your router has firewall.
Firewall helps you to protect your Home network from unwanted access from the internet by blocking the unwanted connections.
In some cases, your gaming or any of your application may need to unblock the blocked connections.
And any process to open a port Is known as Port Forwarding, as in such cases you directly forward a port to your device on home network.
Step to open a port are as:
- You need to set up a static IP address on your computer or any other device that you wish to forward a port on.
- Then you need to login to Asus RT-AC68U Router.
- Operate the port forwarding section of your router.
- Click on the WAN button.
- Then Click on the Virtual Server/Port Forwarding.
- You need to create a port forward.
Now, for further process you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
In order to forward a port you need to setup a Static IP address to your device and this is required, so that the port remains same even after the device is rebooted.
Once you will setup the static ID you need to login to your router.
Once completed with assigning the IP address then you need to open any web browser it can Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc. as your router is based on web interface. You need to login to your Asus RT-AC68U router
You need to login with the IP address for Asus RT-AC68U router and same will be in numeric form.
NOTE: In some cases the router’s IP address is also known as Computer’s default gateway.
Once you will type the Router’s IP address you need to press enter and once the same is processed you will be redirected to the login page.
You need to login with the details given below ;
- The Default Asus RT-AC68U Router Username is: admin
- The Default Asus RT-AC68U Router Password is: admin
After entering the credentials you need to click on OK in order to access your Router’s web interface.
Seems like you are logged in to your Asus RT- AC68U Router. Now you have to find the option for Port forwarding section of your router.
First of all, kindly click WAN button in the advanced heading at the left sidebar.
Now you need to go to the top of the page and click at Virtual Server/ Port Forwarding.
Ensure that the enable Port forwarding Yes Radio Button is opted.
Now you need to create a name for the forward process and then move it in the service name box.
You can update any of the names as this has no effects on the port forward.
Be assure of you are forwarding a range of ports then you need to enter the ports in port range box.
And make sure you start with the least port and then end up with the high range of port.
You need to enter the IP address into the Local IP box to which you want these ports to be forwarded.
NOTE: If in case you are willing to run a program and due to this you are forwarding these ports than you can enter your device IP address in that box though.
You need to select the protocol from protocol box.
Now, click on the ADD Button.
Once done with every step then you need to click on Apply Button at the bottom of the page so that the changes made can be saved successfully.
Installation of Asus Wireless Router:
For configuring and installing the Asus Wireless Router you may follow the step below:
- At first you need to unbox the Router if it’s new one.
- And In case of old Asus Router you need to reset the same first before processing anything,
NOTE: It is always suggested to reset the router before you start any set up process, as this is quite helpful is setting up the process further.
Now it seems like we are all set to start with the process:
- On first, you need to plug the switch on the power.
- Then you need to connect the Asus Router to the Modem (Cable/DSL) Device accessible to Ethernet Cable.
- Now you need to connect Asus Router with your computer and you need to use another Ethernet cable.
- If in case you don’t have any other Ethernet cable than you can simply go to your computer and can click on wireless icon. Where you will find an unsecured wireless Network by Asus Name. You may connect the same for now.
- Once you are connected, open a browser and type the IP address as 192.168.1.1 and enter.
- As now your Router has been reset and it will not ask you to login again but if in case it happens than you can access the following default username and password:
- Username = admin, Password = admin
- Now your Router will work on observing the Internet and its connection types.
- Moving further you need to follow the instructions given on your screen.
Some things to be followed:
- Please make sure to turn off the guest mode
- Confirm from your Internet Service provider regarding the connection type whether its DHCP, PPPoE, Static Ip Connection Etc.
- Keep the Asus Firmware updated in order to get the best performance.
- Once the Modem is setup, make sure to restart the same.