Frequently Asked Questions About Asus Router
November 27, 2019
How to setup Wireless MAC filter in your ASUS routers?
Wireless MAC filter provides the authority to the users to control the transmission of the data packets over the network. The filter is responsible for the transmission of the data packets into the network. The filter is triggered into the router through the web interface of the www.router.asus.com
Steps to setup Wireless MAC filter in your ASUS routers.
- Go to your desktop and double tap on the internet icon of the window.
- Type www.router.asus.com or the LAN IP address on the web address of the browser. The LAN IP address of the router is 192.168.1.1 which has to be used as the URL to get to the ASUS router login page.
- Mention “admin” on the username as the default username and type the password which you mentioned earlier on the login window. The user can also apply the password as the default one if he hasn’t assigned the password yet. The default password of the router is “admin”. Both the credentials are case-sensitive.
- Click on the login button and you will be redirected to the homepage of the router.asus.com
- Go to the advanced settings tab, then select the Wireless tab and at last click on the Wireless MAC filter tab.
- Now, the user has to select the frequency band for the Wireless MAC filter.
- To enable the MAC filter, tick the radio button of “Enable Wireless MAC filter”
- Select the filter mode of your MAC address.
- If the user chooses to Accept then it will only accept the clients which are mentioned in the address list. If the user chooses the Reject tab it means it will reject the clients with the MAC address in the list.
- Click on the Add button of the MAC filter list and also click on the key in the MAC address of your Wireless device.
- Click on the Apply button to apply all the settings you made.
Troubleshooting security vulnerabilities
How to make Asus RTAC3200 router more secure from the network?
Steps to make your router more secure and safe from the security vulnerabilities
- Assign the security type to your Wireless network as WPA2-AES.
- It is usually recommended to set up a different password for the wireless network and for the router password of the Asus Router login window.
- Use the long and more combination of characters in your password to make your password strong and complex for the other users from visiting your homepage of the www.router.asus.com. Any character can be mixed with the other characters to make your router password a strong one.
- Keep the firmware of your router update which does not only enhance the quality of your network but also repair your network issues within the router.
- To enhance the security of your ASUS router, the user usually recommends enabling the firewall for your router.
- Enable Ai-Protection in your ASUS router which is capable of protecting your router from network incoming threats and also provides your devices with the enhanced security level.
- Disable your access from the Wide Area Network which will not allow the nearby users to access your router from the source of the Internet. It will eliminate the chances of threatening your router from any open source.
How to disable the web access from the Wide Area Network of your ASUS RT AC3200 routers?
Disability of Wide Area Network from your ASUS routers denies the nearby users from accessing your network. The default status of this specific function is disabled as no one wants the other users to access their device through the Internet. The disability of WAN from router.asus.com will not only improve the network quality but will also enhance the durability as well as the performance level of your router.
Steps to disable the web access from your Wide area Network of ASUS routers
- Open up your desktop and launch a browser in your window.
- To interact with its web interface, type www.router.asus.com on the web address of the browser. The user can also mention the LAN IP address as the URL to get to the ASUS router login page.
- Mention “admin” as the default username on the username field as well as on the password field. Both the credentials are case-sensitive.
- Go to the advanced settings, then select Administration tab and at last click on the Remote Access Configuration tab for configuration.
- To disable the access from WAN, select the radio button of No otherwise if you want to enable the option.
- Close the window and the settings will get automatically applied.
How to setup Port triggering service in your ASUS routers?
Port triggering service in your ASUS routers can set up in your system with the help of the web interface of the www.router.asus.com or 192.168.1.1. It can easily be controlled through the web management interface of your ASUS routers.
Steps to set up the system settings in ASUS routers
- Open up a web browser in your system and type www.router.asus.com on the web address bar of the browser.
- ASUS router login page appears on the screen.
- Mention “admin” as the default username on the username field. Type the password in the password credential. If the user hasn’t mentioned the password on the password field. Both the login credentials will be case-sensitive.
- Click on the login button and you will be redirected to the router.asus.com setup homepage.
- Go to the Advanced settings tab, click on the WAN tab and then on the left panel click on the Port Trigger tab.
- To enable the Port trigger in your ASUS router, tick the Yes tab. Input the number of the port by going to the Edit option of the ASUS router. At last click on the Apply tab to save the settings.
- Now, you will be requiring the PC which should be outside your Local network. The PC outside your network should have Internet Access.
- To check the success of the method, the users need to use the WAN IP address of the router to access the FTP server using the FTP browser or application.
What to do if the user has forgotten the router password of the ASUS router login window?
ASUS router provides the sophistication in the favor of their users in order to fulfill each and every requirement that the users expects from the Asus routers. In case of Router password, if the user forgets the password of their login window, then he all he can do at that time is to reset the router to the default settings. Generally, the users are provided with the recovery option but ASUS does not want to bring any carelessness from its end and it is one of the reasons that in this case, the routers are only provided with the reset option which provides the ability to the users to generate their new password.
Steps to reset the router into its default settings
- Disconnect all the cables attached to your router along with the networking devices.
- Now, turn back your router and locate the reset button behind your router.
- Once you locate the reset button, look for a pen or pointed material with the help of which you are going to press the reset button.
- Press the reset button and hold it for around 10 to 20 seconds until or unless the Power LED of the device does not come to the stable stage.
- After the process will complete, your router will automatically restart.